- So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36)
- Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Cor. 3:17)
- You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. (Galatians 5:13)
- Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. (1 Peter 2:16)
Each morning begins with morning chapel/devotions. Devotions is where the entire school community gathers together to read passages of scripture and discuss any questions or comments we have about them. All ages participate and we enjoy the lively conversations we have together about the Word of God. Everyone is able to share their thoughts and opinions about what is read, without condescension or rejection of thoughts. It is a free time to explore God’s Word. As a community we read through the Bible from Genesis to Revelations, learning the story of God together. Each afternoon ends with POW-WOW, where we offer words of affirmation to each other and end in prayer. These 2 times are the only required times around the Word of God and prayer. We also have small group Bible studies for students interested in a deeper study of the Word of God. Interested students may participate in noon time prayer, Bible journaling and/or worship/meditation (done with recorded Christian music or scripture reading), but these activities are not required.
What We Believe:
- We Believe the Bible to be the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God
- We Believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is all powerful, all knowing
and ever present in every place.
- We Believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that God created the heavens and the earth and all that is within it and that through His creation, in its perfect order and wonder, God makes himself evident to man
- We Believe that salvation is by grace alone
- We Believe that the Christian is only able to live a Godly life through the power of the Holy Spirit indwelling them
- We Believe that only those who have accepted Christ as personal Lord and Savior will go to heaven after death or the resurrection of the body of Christ.
- We Believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the saving grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
- We believe man was created in the image of God; that he sinned in Adam and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death (separation from God) and now is sinful by nature, eternally lost, and in need of salvation
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation
- We believe that all Christians are called to grow in Christ-likeness. This maturing is evidenced by pursuit of intimacy with God, through the study of and adherence to His Word and its teachings, intimacy with other Christians through fellowship, and intimacy with the world through sharing hope in Christ
- We Believe that marriage is the covenantal relationship between a man and a woman, first established by God in the book of Genesis to populate the earth and develop healthy human relationships and that marriage is a symbol of God’s relationship to the church
Our hope is to lovingly guide students into their own personal relationship with Jesus Christ, by providing a Christian and nurturing environment, yet giving them the space to make that choice for themselves in their own time. We also believe that those who are a part of our community who may not agree with all of our statement of faith, should join us in treating all community members with respect, kindness and love.