Although there is not a formal or academic Bible or religion class, we seek to create an environment where students experience what it is like to live free in Christ. There is Christian or positive music playing constantly. The morning devotions is a time where students can sing the Christian songs they choose, students can lead in prayer, the school community does a choral Bible reading each morning and the community discusses the reading in small groups. The discussions give students the freedom to share their thoughts, opinions and even disagreements with the Bible reading and students do not have to contribute to the discussion if they do not want to. This is an unevaluated time for students to just hear about and discuss the Bible and then we trust the Spirit to open the hearts of students who want to grow in the faith.
The passages are key passages of the Bible from Genesis to Revelations so that students obtain a general understanding of the meaning and story of the Bible by the time the school year ends. The staff pray constantly for the students, that they would open their hearts to Christ and experience the freedom that can be found in Him. The staff is also available to students who have questions or want to discuss spiritual or life struggles that they are having.
The verses below express the type of freedom The Living Water School encourages our students to discover.
- Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of Living Water will flow from within them. John 7:38
- So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36)
- Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Cor. 3:17)
- You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. (Galatians 5:13)
- Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. (1 Peter 2:16)
Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Holy Bible as the inspired Word of God, without any error, the all sufficient authority in matters of faith, doctrine, and Christian living.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ, and that He is true God and man. He died on the cross for our sins. He rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of the Father and is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the work of the Holy Spirit can man’s salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that eternal salvation is the free gift of God, entirely apart from man’s works, and is possessed by any and all who have faith in and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- We believe that because the Word of God commands us to go into the world to spread the gospel and make disciples, that parents, staff, and community should work together to nurture the students’ faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and teach them the commands of the Bible.
- We believe that outside of the above command, God has given us the freedom to allow students to learn and pursue all other interests, passions, and educational goals freely.
Our hope is to lovingly guide students into their own personal relationship with Jesus Christ, by providing a Christian and nurturing environment, yet giving them the grace to make the choice for themselves in their own time, knowing that no matter what they decide, they are loved and accepted in our community.